[rc5] work with DES Challenge group

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Sat Jun 21 17:35:07 EDT 1997

On Sat, 21 Jun 1997 13:00:32 -0700, Matthew Vaughan wrote:

>In addition, I think they could give you some programming help on client
>development. Their Mac client, at least, was way superior to yours
>(sorry!). I'd love to see that client used as a wrapper for your
>key-checking and networking code. (not sure if that code could be improved,
>also, but it doesn't hurt to try!) It has a friendlier interface, automatic
>logging, the ability to easily set preferences ONCE (instead of each time
>it is run), real-time performance and progress stats, and especially it
>seems to handle wait-next-event much better, and process much more
>efficiently while still giving time to other programs.
>
>Anyway, I hope you will consider it!

2 steps ahead of you on this one.  Andrew Meggs is doing just that w/
the DESCHALL wrapper.  But he's gonna be outta town next week, so the
Mac client might be a week or two so behind the others.

Colin L. Hildinger

Join Team Warped Today and Help Win RSA's 56-bit RC5 Contest
http://www.ionet.net/~colin/rc5.html

Games Editor - OS/2 e-Zine!
http://www.os2ezine.com/

The Ultimate OS/2 Gaming Page