[rc5] SOURCE CODE AND REQUESTS FOR OTHER PLATFORMS

Oscar Chang oscarc at divideby0.com
Sat Jun 21 21:42:04 EDT 1997

On Sat, 21 Jun 1997 12:42:46 -0400, Tom Guptill wrote:

>Agreed.  I hold of my users to a "source required" policy for software, and
>I can't very well break the policy and expect them to follow it.  I don't
>require source for things like Mathematica or Digital UNIX because (a) I
>have at least a limited amount of faith that Wolfram & Digital aren't out to
>get me and (b) they're staking their reputations on the quality of their
>sofware, which gives me some PR ammunition if things go awry.

  What about this? The source for the client is given out except for the
network functions. The network functions will be given out as a object
file so that it can be linked in, but you don't see the source? Just a
thought...

---
oscarc at divideby0.com
You won't be undefined when you Divide By Zero.
http://www.divideby0.com