[rc5] Proxyper & rc5 client

Emmanuel DECAEN Emmanuel.Decaen at Decaen.com
Sun Jun 22 06:40:46 EDT 1997

Jeff wrote:
> At 12:14 PM 6/21/97 +0200, Emmanuel DECAEN wrote:
> >I have a problem using proxyper or rc5 client, my systems are not currently
> >very stable, I would like to know if it's possible to save on the local disk
> >the results of key processing (ex: the notification).
>
> The personal proxy does not do any disk saving of any kind, nor will the
> next version (to be released simultaneously with the new clients) do this.
> Note that the new clients will do disk buffering of their own, which will
> hopefully eliminate most of the current need for people to run personal
> proxies.

Great !

> >I have to do a shutdown from time to time and everything is lost !
> >In 2 days, I have lost 76 blocks... It's really a hard problem.
>
> If you kill the personal proxy gracefully and allow it time before the
> system completely shutdown, then it will be able to report in all of its
> blocks before it actually terminates.

When I have to reboot, it's because my ppp (and many parts of my systems)
doesn't work more... Then it's impossible to report. It's why I'm speaking
of disk saving capability.

Thanks a lot.

--
Emmanuel DECAEN
Ingénieur Informaticien, Télécom & Réseaux