[rc5] rc5 MacOS Version BUG

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Sun Jun 22 10:50:11 EDT 1997

Someone should put a big announcement on the home page if they haven't
already.  Does anyone know if the DB can be "fixed."

On Sun, 22 Jun 1997 05:36:11 -0700 (PDT), Tristan Horn wrote:

>Ack... I can be pretty stupid at times.  Not only did I forget to add an
>exit(), but I put the -w 0 & -s checking in both do_test and
>do_cipher themselves, instead of main... must have been another attempt
>to program @ 5am.
>
>There are new fixed clients here:
>ftp://ftp.ethereal.net/pub/rc5/rc5-macos-fat.bin (120K)
>ftp://ftp.ethereal.net/pub/rc5/rc5-macos-ppc.bin (60K)
>ftp://ftp.ethereal.net/pub/rc5/rc5-macos-68k.bin (53K)
>
>I also changed the default PPC keys_per_wake to 15000 (from 10000).  This
>will improve speed slightly for people not using the -w argument.  (And
>README.ppc still says the default is 800... ah well.)
>
>I also made it a bit smarter about how it tells you to quit (changes if
>you use -w 0).
>
>I still don't know why people are seeing huge speed decreases with the new
>client, but I know that Speed Doubler is causing it.  You can either use
>the fat version (why this works, I have no idea) or turn off SD.

Colin L. Hildinger

Join Team Warped Today and Help Win RSA's 56-bit RC5 Contest
http://www.ionet.net/~colin/rc5.html

Games Editor - OS/2 e-Zine!
http://www.os2ezine.com/

The Ultimate OS/2 Gaming Page