[rc5] Proxy status

Henry W Miller mill0440 at gold.tc.umn.edu
Sun Jun 22 16:08:49 EDT 1997

On Sat, 21 Jun 1997, Colin L. Hildinger wrote:

> Can someone explain the buffers XXX/YYY numbers please.  TIA.

[hey FAQ maintainer, please put this in.  you have my permission to copy
this message into the faq if it is good enough]

xxx= how many buffers the proxy had left the last time it reported
yyy= how many blocks the proxy has to report

if xxx=0 then the proxy will generate random keys, running out of keys
isn't a problem.  (in fact I noticed a proxy sending my random keys
yesterday)