[rc5] SOURCE CODE AND REQUESTS FOR OTHER PLATFORMS

Steve Dodd dirk at loth.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 22 23:29:44 EDT 1997

Hi!

> On the issue of a v1/v2 gateway not helping.  Well, with all respect for the
> organizers and designers of the rc5 servers and clients, if you need to use
> obscurity to avoid false reports, and people holding back blocks, and doing

I've had a bit of think about it, and AFAICS there is no way of ensuring a
reported result is accurate, without totally rechecking the result, that is
practical. I'll have another look through this RC5 paper, but I can't think
of a good way of doing it. The only plausible method is to issue each keyspace
TWICE, and compare the results. And I think that would upset a lot of people!

Steve Dodd  KeyID: 30B4FC1D  Mail: dirk at loth.demon.co.uk / steved at axl.co.uk
Fingerprint: AD B6 15 70 3A 5E 87 2A  C8 11 9E 12 D0 57 EC CD
PGP Public Key: http://www.loth.demon.co.uk/ <!-- No to HTML on Usenet! -->