[rc5] Proxyper & rc5 client

Evan Jeffrey ejeffrey at eliot213.wuh.wustl.edu
Sun Jun 22 19:49:25 EDT 1997

>> > In Unix yes, but under Windows? Is Ctrl-C considered killing it
>gracefully
>> > cause it doesn't send it's completed blocks if I kill it this way...
>>
>> In NT4, you can use the taskmanager.
>
>Any different from that of Win95?
>
>But that's still not killing it gracefully - ie. sending it some kind of a
>shutdown signal.

It should be...  That is why when something is really hung (eg, a telnet
connection that you don't want to wait for DNS resolutiont to fail ;) and
you try to end task, you get a "program not responding, end task, or wait"
dlg. box.

So, it would seem that windows is sending some kind of soft-kill signal,
then, if that doesn't work, asking if you want to send a hard-kill.

===
Evan Jeffrey
erjeffre at artsci.wustl.edu

Let us go.  Let us leave this festering hell hole.  Let us think the
unthinkable, let us do the undoable.  Let us prepare to grapple with the
ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
                                                --Dirk Gently