[rc5] Comment of http://rc5.distributed.net/stats/search.cgi

Mikael Willberg tymiwi at uta.fi
Mon Jun 23 03:54:16 EDT 1997

Greetings

I just wonder why the search script searches substrings ONLY from
hostnames. That makes no use of it to me. I hope it can/will be modified
to search also partial IP addresses (adresses of my machines are in the
same subnet) like "153.1.17" or "153.1.17.*".

Also the same comment applies to the "dead hosts" list... Ooops,
that seems to use the same script. Well, that makes it even easier
to implement 8-)

Can any wildcards (or even regexps 8-) used with the search-script ?

Thanks in advance,

Mig

--
**** Mikael Willberg ***** "Oh dear", says God, "I hadn't thought of that" **
* Hypermedia laboratory *  and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.        *