[rc5] Proxyper & rc5 client

Phillip R. Jaenke prj at nls.net
Sun Jun 22 20:57:42 EDT 1997

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, John Rix wrote:

> Any different from that of Win95?

A little.

> But that's still not killing it gracefully - ie. sending it some kind of a
> shutdown signal.

I think what we really need is a stopfile setup.

Basically, when the client sees a file named 'stop' in the directory it's
running in, it stops after it finishes the key it's working on. Works
great when you have to shut down, but want to finish that key first.

-Phillip R. Jaenke  (InterNIC Handle: PRJ5)  [prj at NLS.NET]
UNIX Systems Administration, Management, and Technical Support,
NetLink Services, Inc. (216/468.5100 - sales at nls.net - www.nls.net)
"People disagree with me.  I just ignore them."  -- Linus Torvalds
-RC5- Team Nightmare (http://nightmare.arpa.com/~rc5/)
              "RC5 - DES Was Too Easy!" -- [i386] @ IRC