[rc5] Re: Big Science Needs Your Idle Cycles

Daniel Berlin bmdberlin at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 23 01:57:13 EDT 1997

VB has had since about 1993, 1994.
I remember seeing java in action back in 95 on sunsite's web page.
Java has had just as long.
really?
Is that why the next version of VB will be able to produce java code
(without all the ms extensions and bs. just "100% pure java". or whatever
they call the java that runs real slow and isn't really that cross platform
anyway.)

Don't assume.
These other companies had their chance.
they could have killed microsoft if they had taken the idea of unix, and
made it a server platform for PC's.
Linux was too early in it's stages, and can't afford mass mass marketing.
Even Gates and Ballmer agree that if someone had tried to make unix a
popular pc server platform, they could have killed NT in 3 seconds.

Sun is trying to convince people that part of their marketing strategy needs
to be to defeat microsoft. and nobody is listening cause that's stupid. if
you only get 20% of a market share or whatever, it's still like 2 billion.
They should stop pretending they have the resources, and start acting in
their own best interest, which is to build themselves up, and make money,
with their products, instead of making their goal to destroy microsoft.