[rc5] work with DES Challenge group

RC5 Team rc5 at aion.cs.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Jun 23 10:32:09 EDT 1997

> Hey, to speed up the process a lot, improve quality of the clients, and get
> the word out, why don't you recruit the DES Challenge group to join in?

A lot of us ex-SOLnetters are already here, I think.
One point though : if you want to keep us interested, make sure your clients
don't quit every so often. I came here after the weekend and a whole lot of
my rc5-clients have exited with the following msg :

rc5-56-client: Notifying Key Server ``x162-50.chem.umn.edu''
rc5-56-client: Exiting upon request.

This happened for several keyservers and on several machines, including some
that I alone have access to (so it's not like someone else did a kill -HUP).

If you want to keep me (and a whole lot of others) make sure that they don't
have to spend hours a week restarting clients on a few dozen machines. It
was a problem with DES Challenge and I'm not willing to spend all this time
here either. (Or perhaps I should write a watchdog that keeps an eye on all
machines and restarts clients as soon as they appear to have gone).

	Henk Van Wulpen.