[rc5] Personal Proxy Problem

Oliver Bruckauf bruckauf at swt.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Jun 23 10:58:35 EDT 1997

Hello Jeff,

> 	I guess I didn't explain properly.  All the PCs I have are stand
> alone, only connect to the Internet via modem.  So I have the proxy server
> running on the same machine as the client.  Since I am not connected to any
> network, my machine (Win95) doesn't have an IP address per say.  So how do
> I tell the RC5 client to talk to the proxy server which are both on the
> same local machine.  When I dial into the net the proxy can talk to the key
> servers to get the key chunks.

You could try the local interface at 127.0.0.1 if it is configured
correctly.

Oliver.

Oliver Bruckauf                            http://www.poboxes.com/bruckauf
                                               email: bruckauf at poboxes.com
TeamOS/2 Germany (#540)                                  Fido: 2:2448/1414
Words to the Wise:      Air conditioned environment - Do not open Windows.