[rc5] Proxyper & rc5 client

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Mon Jun 23 15:02:05 EDT 1997

On Sun, 22 Jun 1997 19:57:42 -0400 (EDT), Phillip R. Jaenke wrote:

>On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, John Rix wrote:
>
>> Any different from that of Win95?
>
>A little.
>
>> But that's still not killing it gracefully - ie. sending it some kind of a
>> shutdown signal.
>
>I think what we really need is a stopfile setup.
>
>Basically, when the client sees a file named 'stop' in the directory it's
>running in, it stops after it finishes the key it's working on. Works
>great when you have to shut down, but want to finish that key first.

I really like this one.  Solnet had this.  Last night I had a WPS
problem in OS/2 that was caused by running the client at too high of a
priority (OOPS).  If we had had a stop file, I could have pulled up an
emergency shell and created one, let it finish its block (30 minutes or
so) and moven on.  As it was I had to shut down and reboot w/ Watchcat.

Colin L. Hildinger
| Games Editor - OS/2 e-Zine! |  The Ultimate OS/2 Gaming Page         |
| http://www.os2ezine.com/    |	http://www.ionet.net/~colin/games.html |
|	   The Official Unofficial AWE32 and OS/2 Warp Page	       |
| 		http://www.ionet.net/~colin/awe32.html		       |