[rc5] Press inquiry: The rc5 thing

Brian Murphy brianm at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 23 14:55:11 EDT 1997

 mishari at thepentagon.com wrote:

> Thanks alot! and Hope we can get some publicity out of this, with Links
> off the infoworld homepage ;-)
>
> Bovine: careful, Gateway 2000 may sue your ass because of the cows...
> (remember tucows?)
> ----

Gateway2000 seems to sue people alot.  Not too long ago, they tried
to bully around someone who had been running a computer consultancy
business under the name gateway.com.  They even brought up some B.S.
about their having trademarked the term "gateway" of all things.
Paranoia regarding them probably isn't all that unwarranted.  On the
other hand..if anyone from GW2k is participating in this project, I
think they're just swell, and I take back all the nasty things I
thought about them.

Brian Murphy
Network Engineer
Earthlink Network, Inc.