[rc5] RC5 Stats

Evan Jeffrey ejeffrey at eliot213.wuh.wustl.edu
Mon Jun 23 17:23:10 EDT 1997

>I was curious.  My RC5 client is running on key block 0x103D25C0000000
>
>  If I can assume that all blocks below this value have been checked,
>then that would be about 17 million blocks checked, yet the stats page
>says only a little over 8 million have been checked.  What am I missing
>here?

Many blocks have been checked out and not returned (most of them due to
killed clients, some are still being checked)

If and when we reach 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFF the unreported blocks will be
reissued.

===
Evan Jeffrey
erjeffre at artsci.wustl.edu

Let us go.  Let us leave this festering hell hole.  Let us think the
unthinkable, let us do the undoable.  Let us prepare to grapple with the
ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
                                                --Dirk Gently