[rc5] Error message from win-client

Tim Charron tcharron at interlog.com
Mon Jun 23 19:18:24 EDT 1997

> Hi crackers,
>
> I see those error messages around every 20 blocks in the log-file of a
> Win-NT machine:
>
> gethostbyname: No error
>
> gethostbyname generated error 11001
>
> SMTP connect
>
> Unable to connect to smtp server
>
> Mail message sent
>

> After that it gets the next keyblock and goes on. Does this indicate any
> problem?

You're probably running the TimC client.  If so, then its not a
problem.  It's trying to mail a status message using the information
in the INI file (every 10000 bytes -- about 20 blocks).  Either you
haven't edited the file properly, or your SMTP server isn't
reachable.  In either case, it has little affect on the actual
cracking stats.  Delete the ini file and the error will go away, or
edit it and you'll be mailed the log.

Tim Charron
tcharron at interlog.com
tcharron at ctfinance.com