[rc5] Official Statement from distributed.net

Michael Graff explorer at flame.org
Tue Jun 24 13:29:08 EDT 1997

David McNett <nugget at slacker.com> writes:

> 2. Availability of the V2 source code

>    It should be mentioned that anyone is welcome to join the coding effort.
>    We recognize the considerable talent that was present in the DES efforts
>    at large and certainly understand how much we all can stand to benefit
>    from the experience that those efforts have gained.  There are some
>    outstanding coders out there who have not yet had the opportunity to
>    contribute to this effort.

I would like to join the coding effort.  My main goal is to make the
client as fast as possible on NetBSD/* systems, including alpha, sparc,
powerpc, and i386 ports.

I have a lot of experience in porting software, and cryptography has
been a hobby of mine for some years now.

I was one of the four "ring leaders" in the RSA129 factorization, in
case you need a reference.  :)

--Michael