[rc5] Suggestion for protocol

Saeid El-Badri wildone at CAM.ORG
Tue Jun 24 16:47:15 EDT 1997

>Somebody here mention Zero knowlegde proof and my suggestion was based
>on similar ideas. You do not let the client know what part of his work
>will be checked, so it needs to do all the work.

How about this, with every key tested there is some result for the
decryption, a running total or checksum is calculated on the entier
keyspace assigned. This checksum is reported back to the server. The
server passes out known keyspases at random intervals and verifies
the returend checksum. This could also be used to double check any
keyspace by sending it to a second computer and see if the checksum
matches.

This way if for any reason a client is suspected, checksums of the
returend keyspace will authenticate the result.

The server does not need to calculate the checksum, it can take results
from a known and trusted client and pass them out to the world.  And by
keeping the checksums and where they came from, the spammer can be
tracked down and be tared and fetherd :-)

Saeid El-Badri
WildOne at CAM.ORG