[rc5] personal proxy w/mac clients

xique xique at windmill-lane.com
Tue Jun 24 19:51:52 EDT 1997

i am running a proxyper-irix62ip22-mips2 server with SGI (mips4-n32,
mips3-n32) and PPC Mac (Tris's Mac PowerPC) clients. the SGIs have no trouble
contacting the proxyper server and pulling down their key blocks. however,
the Mac clients hang upon trying to contact the server and at that point
there seems to be no way to quit the program except to reboot. i have tried
specifying both the hostname of my server as well as the IP address with the
same result. if i specify rc5proxy.distributed.net rather than my own
proxyper server the Macs work flawlessly. any thoughts?