[rc5] What happens when a personal proxy dies?

Amos Shapira amos at gezernet.co.il
Wed Jun 25 11:33:08 EDT 1997

Hello,

I'm running a personal proxy and two clients on my dual Pentium 100 at
home, connected through a dial-up line, running Linux 2.0.30.

I'd like to know what happens to the keys retrieved by the proxy if I
shutdown the machine.  Are they lost?  In that case I should connect
and retrieve other keys next time the machine boots, right?

What about keys found but not reported yet?

It sounds like the proxy should save the buffers on disk for such
cases.

Thanks,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL        amos at gezernet.co.il |                     -- Anonymous