[rc5] distributed.net - rc5 status [ADMIN]

Adam L. Beberg beberg at charlie.cns.iit.edu
Wed Jun 25 07:25:20 EDT 1997

06/24/97 AM...

* The v2 clients are in final debugging, one bug in the master server
  remains. Then we need to get all the proxies updated before we can release
  the v2 clients. Better late then buggy.

* note to people using the personal proxy, the IP reported is that of the
  proxy, not the hosts behind it, so you will not find them in the stats.

* the Intel, PPC, and HPUX versions have asm macros, or are written in asm,
  they are much faster then v1

* If anyone has contacts in the SUN.com or SGI.com old DESCHALL teams please
  mail them to contact rc5-admin directly, we need SGI and SUN asm done, as
  well as hoping they will support us in our efforts. If you are a SGI, SUN,
  or Alpha asm guru, and wish to help out, please let us know.

- Adam L. Beberg
  beberg at distributed.net
  distributed.net coordinator
  http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/