[rc5] FreeBSD problem with libc

Evan Vetere vetere at avara.com
Wed Jun 25 11:06:19 EDT 1997

> 	I've FreeBSD system, but there is only libc.so.2.2 instaled library,
> but this client needs libc.so.3 - so I can't run client on this system, can
> anybody help me?

I've had similar problems. Symlink 3 to 2.2:
% ln -s /usr/lib/libc.so.2.2 /usr/lib/libc.so.3.0

That should solve it and any other problems you get, espeially when using binaries compiled on newer systms. Ive not had a problem yet.

If you require it I can post the actual libc binary though I dont reccomend leaving both installed simultaneously.

-Evan Vetere
vetere at ethereal.net