[rc5] FreeBSD problem with libc

Evan Jeffrey ejeffrey at eliot213.wuh.wustl.edu
Wed Jun 25 11:27:16 EDT 1997

>> I've had similar problems. Symlink 3 to 2.2:
>> % ln -s /usr/lib/libc.so.2.2 /usr/lib/libc.so.3.0
>
>	yes... - this I know, but I'm only user on this system, not a admin
>or root - that is the way, I can't create sym. link in /usr/lib
>directory...:-(

make a $HOME/lib directory, put symlink in there, and write a shell script
that exports LD_LIBRARY_PATH as $HOME/lib and then runs the program.

Assuming your runtime linker supports it (it should...) this will do the
trick.

===
Evan Jeffrey
erjeffre at artsci.wustl.edu

Let us go.  Let us leave this festering hell hole.  Let us think the
unthinkable, let us do the undoable.  Let us prepare to grapple with the
ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
                                                --Dirk Gently