[rc5] how to i check my machine?

Evan Vetere vetere at avara.com
Wed Jun 25 13:44:21 EDT 1997

> i have started running the rc5 client on my two home machines.  one is a sparc5
> which runs great (blackhole.arkham.net) and the other is a 486 running NetBSD.
> how to i check to make sure the 486 is actually working?  i can't seem to get
> any status off of the web page in relation to the 486 (nikki.arkham.net) and
> would like to verify that it is actually working.

Redirect your output to a file with >>. That is,

% rc5 -a rc5proxy.distributed.net bork at moo.com >> ./rc5.out &

That line tosses rc5 into the background with & and pipes everything to rc5.out.
If you're really curious, run my script to summarize your output.
ftp://ftp.avara.com/usr/vetere/rc5stat.pl
</plug>

-Evan Vetere
vetere at ethereal.net