[rc5] Checking for 64 bit RC5 on the fly?

Marc Briceno marc at c2.net
Wed Jun 25 12:57:54 EDT 1997

At 11:32 AM 6/25/97 -0500, Colin L. Hildinger wrote:
>>Also by working the effort in parallel, we get a jump start on 64 bit.
We could solve it that much sooner.  Instead of searching 56 bit for five
months then 64 bit for 20 months getting a solution in a little over two
years, we could search 56 bit and 64 bit for six months to get the 56 bit
solution, then an additional fourteen months for the 64 bit solution,
saving six months total.

I strongly support getting a start on the 64 key ASAP. [Frankly, I believe
the 56 bit RC5 crack to be a waste of time. But it seems that this one has
to be cleared before the next interesting target will be addressed: a 64
bit key.]

-- Marc Briceno <marc at c2.net>		Voice:   510-986-8770
   SafePassage Sales Manager		FAX:     510-986-8777
   http://www.c2.net/