[rc5] Need help with geting though a proxy firewall type thing -Reply

Stuart Whelan stuartw at chhlth.govt.nz
Thu Jun 26 12:19:05 EDT 1997

[Lots of Stuff Snipped]

Beatings Brian!

I have a similar firewall, its a socks that allows no incoming connections,
and only allows specific ports out... I did the following:

I set up my win95 machine running sockscap32...

I set up the personal proxy to go out on port 23, the standard telnet port..

I run the personal proxy from sockscap, so it is socksified.....

Then I set up all the spare PC's on my site  (and my win95 PC) to connect
to my win95 machine as normal....

This works quite well for me, I am using the TIMC client, but have tested
the bovine client. I am also running the linux-aout client and the
supersparc clients, all connecting to the personal proxy.....

I have included my config file for the proxy, in case they may assist
you....

Cheers!
Stuart Whelan.