[rc5] Still Problems mit Linux client v1

root marcus at dfwmm.net
Thu Jun 26 11:02:27 EDT 1997

Holger Sesterhenn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I still have problems with the Linux client.
>
> The client is running on this machines :

<snip>
> nohup rc5-linux-i486-bovine -n 20 -a rc5proxy.distributed.net
>  / sester at stud.uni-hannover.de >> $1.log
>
> Sometimes the clients die after finishing a keyblock

<snip>
> dead (last line in logfile)
>
> sometimes right after the start message:

<snip>
> (last line in logfile)
>
> I have no idea why. All clients use different servers. Some clients run 4
> days without dying. Some die every 3 hours.
>
> Nothing special in my log files.

Hmmm, the only thing that seems to be common is the logfile.
I'm running the Slackware issue with no problems at all. Is
it a question of available disk space? I don't use a log, I
just let it print to an xterm screen. Does the os give you
any clue? Do the processes show up in ps or top? Are they
zombies, idle, consuming cpu cycles? I really am grasping
at straws here...

Perhaps try running in the fg, attached to the screen and
see what happens.