[rc5] Still Problems mit Linux client v1

Roger Moar rmoar at spring.csc.UVic.CA
Thu Jun 26 11:11:37 EDT 1997

> I start the clients with the following command:
>
> nohup rc5-linux-i486-bovine -n 20 -a rc5proxy.distributed.net
>  / sester at stud.uni-hannover.de >> $1.log

    This may be a stretch, but do you ever get lines in your log like:

get_keyspace: Connection reset by peer
rc5-56-client: Error getting key.
rc5-56-client: Sleeping 2 minutes...

etc? If not, perhaps they are being written to stderr, and the client
is hanging because it can't write the output. If you are not getting
these messages in your log, try the following (using /bin/sh):

#!/bin/sh
nohup rc5-linux-i486-bovine -n 20 -a rc5proxy.distributed.net \
   sester at stud.uni-hannover.de >>$1.log 2>&1

OR

#!/bin/csh
nohup rc5-linux-i486-bovine -n 20 -a rc5proxy.distributed.net \
   sester at stud.uni-hannover.de >>& $1.log

to redirect stderr to your log file as well.

Hope this works,
Roger Moar.

--

Roger Moar -- rmoar at spring.csc.uvic.ca | http://panda.csc.uvic.ca/~rmoar