[rc5] statistic scripts

Carsten Menke carsten.menke at post.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Thu Jun 26 20:39:29 EDT 1997

Hello,
is there a little bug in the statistic scripts or in the clients
(unlikely I think) regarding the search for teams contributing the
contest?

When I search for ielefeld on e-mail teams I find some e-mail teams with
a strange ni-bielefeld.de domain or much more strange
*-bielefeld.deuttgart.de (seems to be a mixture of Bielefeld and
Stuttgart) domains. I think these domains do not exist. It seems that
some strings are mixed up. As far as I remember I observed this behavior
the first time this morning (thursday morning MEST).

Another feature that should be added to the search-host scripts is to
lower? all uppercase characters in the hostnames or generally try to
avoid a case sensitive search.

Greetings

Carsten

Carsten Menke       mailto:carsten.menke at post.uni-bielefeld.de
Universitaet Bielefeld   Phone [int+49] +521-106-6276; after 11am: -3855
Fakultaet fuer Chemie, ACI    Fax   [int+49] +521-106-6146;
D-33501 Bielefeld      A cleaned desk is a sign of a sick mind (by ???).
Try: http://chekov.uni-bielefeld.de/~carsten
Use http://www-math.uni-paderborn.de/pgp/pks-commands.html for PGP key.