[rc5] Stat Database Errors and Repetitive Chatter

Tom Guptill tgpt at okra.pas.rochester.edu
Thu Jun 26 15:57:20 EDT 1997

If this is done, PLEASE make sure that it either

(a) checks the "reply-to" header for the email address

	or

(b) is slightly "fuzzy", i.e.

	tgpt at okra.pas.rochester.edu

		looks the same as

	tgpt at URHEP.PAS.ROCHESTER.EDU

Perhaps just dropping all but username and second-level-domain would be
prudent...

etc.

I know listserv does this, but I don't know 'bout Majordomo.  Listservs that
insist that you send your mail from the exact same host every time are a big
pain in the ass.

On Thu, Jun 26, 1997 at 02:26:12PM -0400, Skip Huffman wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jun 1997 14:21:49 -0400 (EDT), Evan Vetere wrote:
>
> >Easy fix to this one...
> >Lock it out to nonsubscribers. Shouldnt be that hard to do, even if it requires editing majordomo perl. i
> >"Duncan...?"
>
> That should be done immediately.  None of the other lists I follow allow posting by non-members, why should this one.
>

> Skip Huffman
> Carreker-Antinori
> Atlanta Office
> Quality Group
>
> ----

Tom Guptill                     Department of Physics and Astronomy
UNIX SA                         University of Rochester  Rochester, NY USA
                                HEPNet:  tgpt at urhep