[rc5] Blocks Outstanding

Thompson, Christopher CThompson at suncor.com
Thu Jun 26 14:50:40 EDT 1997

>----------

Statistically, there is no advantage for reissuing the key blocks until
after you've got to the end of the keyspace.  The key _may_ be hiding in
a block that has been checked out.  Alternatively, it may be hiding 98%
of the way through the keyspace and if we expire the key blocks and
check them, it would take longer to get there.

But yes, it would suck.  =)