[rc5] Blocks Outstanding

Tom Guptill tgpt at okra.pas.rochester.edu
Thu Jun 26 17:11:03 EDT 1997

But it's equally likely that we'd spend time working on those blocks when we
haven't issued the key blocks yet, one of which is just as likely to have
the key.  There's always the possibility that some *extraordinarly* slow
host is still working on those blocks, in which case we've done extra work
we didn't need to do.

- Tom

On Thu, Jun 26, 1997 at 03:42:38PM -0400, Jason Bennett wrote:
> Ok, this does NOT deal with the stats being wrong....
>
> I understand that, unlike, DESCHALL, Bovine does not expire key blocks. So,
> for the old clients, every time a client shuts down, a key block is never
> returned (until we go back through).
>
> Now, I really like the save-in-middle feature of the new clients. Great!
> Should we, though, try and clean up the keyspace so we aren't leaving out
> key blocks? I'd just hate to wait another 6 months or year only to learn
> that the key was originally issued in May '97.
>
> 	jason
>
> --
> Jason Bennett, jbennett at cc.gatech.edu         | Member, Team OS/2!
> CS Major, Georgia Institute of Technology     | Head TA, CS 1501!
> Believer in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord   | BSU VP Emeratus
> http://bsu.gt.ed.net/~jason/                  | finger for PGP key!
> ----

Tom Guptill                     Department of Physics and Astronomy
UNIX SA                         University of Rochester  Rochester, NY USA
                                HEPNet:  tgpt at urhep