[rc5] Blocks Outstanding

Thu Jun 26 17:28:51 EDT 1997

I have another reason not to reassign blocks that have been assigned and never returned.

I think that we can safely assume that for at least some of those blocks, some of the keys were checked.  If the correct key was found in those keys that were checked, than we would have found out.  Therefore some of the keys in those blocks have been eliminated.  If we reassign those blocks, we will be redoing work when there is plenty that we know has not been tried.

Skip Huffman
Carreker-Antinori
Atlanta Office
Quality Group