[rc5] Platform Wars

root marcus at dfwmm.net
Thu Jun 26 22:35:40 EDT 1997

Fedor Kouranov wrote:

> On 06/26/97 Matt Lee <mato at tir.com> said:
>
> Oh yeah.
>
> Mac = old crap. Unix = usless crap. Windows = buggy crap.
>
> OS/2 rulezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Any PDP advocates? ;-)))

Hey! The first "PC" I ever touched was a PDP-8, 4Kw of _core_, front
panel with lights and switches(like in the movies!) and a screamiin'
it _was_ loud) 300 baud teletype with paper tape for i/o hanging on
to the side!

Meanwhile...back to rc5:

It seems that reverting the servers to v1 stopped the email
corruption as none of my bogus entries have shown any activity
since the furor earlier today. I have a feeling that the
testers all had same length addresses! What a bug!