[rc5] Blocks Outstanding

Fedor Kouranov ted99 at ibm.net
Thu Jun 26 23:41:27 EDT 1997

On 06/27/97 "Guan Sin Ong" <cceonggs at segamat.nus.edu.sg> said:

>Yes, this is the greatest benefit of *NOT* diverting resources and effort
>to reassign unreturned blocks. I suspect many blocks had been thoroughly
>checked but not notified to the server due to personal proxy server
>problem or local network outage etc.

But yet, the solution may have been found, but lost :(

>Can someone tell me what would the client do when the key is found? Will
>it still report through the proxy or will it notify some other parties
>directly? Any output to log file or stdout? All these affect the chances
>of the key being found by a client but unreported due to some problem.

Try running your client on port 3056 of the proxy. It will notify you of
the 'likely solution' and proceed as usually.

 /** Christ Is Risen ! *** __+__ ******  Fedor "Ted" Kouranov  *****/
 /* Xristos Voskrese ! **   \|    ** ted99 at ibm.net * fedor at bu.edu **/
 /** Xristos Anesti ! ****   |\  ** http://enz.siobc.ras.ru/~fedor */