[rc5] PGP t-shirts (off topic)

bennett_t1 at popmail.firn.edu bennett_t1 at popmail.firn.edu
Thu Jun 26 23:48:41 EDT 1997

Brian Hechinger wrote:

> Chris Carlin drunkenly mumbled...
> >
> > Anyway, I've heard of people selling shirts with the encryption
> engine
> > of PGP encoded onto them in a barcode-like pattern. The theory (and
> > reality) is that you can scan the shirt into you computer and
> convert it
> > to the basic code for PGP.
> >
> > Has anyone heard of these shirts?
> > Anyone know where to get one?
>
> if you find out anything about these please let me know!!!  i want
> one!!
>
> -brian
>
> --
> ** Brian Hechinger ** wonko at mail.arkham.net ** http://www.arkham.net
> **
> --
> "Yes, evil comes in many forms, whether it be a man-eating cow or
>  Joseph Stalin, but you can't let the package hide the pudding!  Evil
>  is just plain bad!  You don't cotton to it.  You gotta smack it in
> the
>  nose with the rolled-up newspaper of goodness!  Bad dog!  Bad dog!"
>                                 --The Tick
>
> ----
> rc5' in the body.

Well, one shirt was on the RSA export page... it had a barcode with the
3-line perl code some people made to be the "smallest munition".  That
perl code can generate RSA keys.  I do't know if they sell them... I
think the shirt may be 2600's idea, so check
http://www.2600.com/

I hope that was the correct answer.