[rc5] More about the new clients.

Oscar Chang oscarc at divideby0.com
Thu Jun 26 23:12:42 EDT 1997

On Fri, 27 Jun 1997 07:22:33 +0300 (EET DST), Tero Kilkanen wrote:

>	There is not any chance to change the priority the client is
>running at? If there isn't, I'd like to know what the default
>priority/nice levels are on OS/2 and Linux.

  Under os/2 there's no "offical" way of changing the priority. If you
have a program like CAD Commander, it does let you change priorities on
the fly, while the program is running. The default is priority class IDLE
and level 0.

>	Will there be personal proxies for v2 clients? The 50 block limit
>isn't enough for my fastest computer, it processes about 75 blocks / 24H
>with the new client. And I have only one connection to the net for sure
>daily. I can't use DOD, because I run a BBS too.

  No personal proxies are planned at this time. You can of course just
keep the completed keys on disk and send them when your connected.

>	Is the new client multithreaded, I mean, will it try to deliver
>the notifications once in a while to the server? If it doesn't, it's not
>good...

  Nope, I'm planning it for the PM client thou. Right now it will keep
crunching until all the buffered keys are done and then flush.

---
oscarc at divideby0.com
You won't be undefined when you Divide By Zero.
http://www.divideby0.com