[rc5] Sparc5 benchmark

Brian Hechinger wonko at blackhole.arkham.net
Fri Jun 27 02:16:44 EDT 1997

hmm, doesn't look like the v2 client is ready for the Sun SPARCstation 5
just yet.  gets about half the speed of the v1 client.

wonko at blackhole> ./rc5v2-supersparc -benchmark
RC5 v2.000 client - a project of distributed.net
Copyright distributed.net 1997
Visit http://www.distributed.net/ for more information
Benchmarking with 10000000 tests:
Complete in 494.392 seconds. [20226.86 keys/sec]

wonko at blackhole> rc5 -m
rc5-56-client: Performance testing with 1000000 crypts
rc5-56-client: Complete in 24.247 seconds. (41241.59 keys/sec)

you guys need to get in touch with me about optimizing the ASM code.  i'll do
what i can to make the Sun client as speedy as i can.  keep in mind the sparc5
is not a supersparc CPU so the supersparc optimization is hurting it, but
both my v1 and v2 are the precompiled -supersparc versions.  i'll do a
benchmark tomorrow on a supersparc machine and let you know what i turn up.

cheers,

-brian

--
** Brian Hechinger ** wonko at mail.arkham.net ** http://www.arkham.net **