[rc5] OFFICIAL: V2 Clients Are Now Available

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Fri Jun 27 01:50:37 EDT 1997

On Thu, 26 Jun 1997 22:49:28 -0500, David McNett wrote:

>It's important to note that for many platforms, there will be multiple
>versions optimized for the various CPU types.  For instance, there are now
>two FreeBSD clients, one which is 486/P5 optimized, and another which is P6
>optimized.  Non-intel users should test both clients to see which yields
>the better performance.

Why don't all x86 clients have multiple versions?

>For those who are wondering about the strange stats that have been
>appearing lately, rest assured.  This has been a simple byproduct of the
>occasional crashes we experienced in testing the keyserver code.  Once we
>rebuild the stats buffer files from the raw log files, everything will be
>back to normal and you and your teams will be credited with the keys you've
>completed during the wierdness.

Oh, BTW - have you seen the weird stats pages?  The email addresses are
all screwed up and stuff.  8*)

Colin L. Hildinger
| Games Editor - OS/2 e-Zine! |  The Ultimate OS/2 Gaming Page         |
| http://www.os2ezine.com/    |	http://www.ionet.net/~colin/games.html |
|	   The Official Unofficial AWE32 and OS/2 Warp Page	       |
| 		http://www.ionet.net/~colin/awe32.html		       |