[rc5] OFFICIAL: V2 Clients Are Now Available

RC5 Team rc5 at aion.cs.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Jun 27 11:54:28 EDT 1997

> The first wave of V2 clients is now officially available.

You guys removed all the command-line options !!!!!!!!!!???????????
There are several reasons why I will NOT be using v2 (even though they seem
to be 30% faster on our P133's) :

* you store the settings in a ini-file. Did you consider that some (a lot of)
  people run rc5 on multiple machines while having 1 single home-directory
  mounted over NFS ? In this way you don't allow different clients to have
  different settings for their machines !
* I used the "-n" command line option to run rc5 with the highest nice-level,
  plus allowing me to run multiple clients on 1 machine while still being
  able to easily differentiate them !
* I use a watchdog keeping track of the 60 or so clients that I'm running.
  Your new command-line options mean that I have to make some serious
  rewrites because it was based on the uniform command-line options for all
  the clients. Now this is impossible since I will still need v1-clients for
  our Dec Alpha's.

So PLEASE : add those old command-line options back in !!!!!!!! I don't
understand why you removed them in the first place (cause they can be
used to overrule the settings in the ini-file) !!!

> If you have any questions, the normal channels are available.  As always,
> the best bet is probably the efnet IRC channel #rc5.

Yeah right...no one is ever there ! :P

> -David McNett
>  nugget at slacker.com

	Henk Van Wulpen