[rc5] Command line options (will they come?)

Honza Pazdziora adelton at informatics.muni.cz
Fri Jun 27 15:10:05 EDT 1997

> Semi-complete documentation on the client's usage can be found at
> http://rc5.distributed.net/FAQ/rc5v2-help.html and of course, the

Some of the guys already complained about the "menu driven
configuration" of new clients. I would complain too but let me be
positive and ask:

	Will there ever (and when) be a v2 client that would work
	with -nomenu option?

I really hate programs that write files to disk without me allowing them
to do that (I killed the rc5v2 with Ctrl-C but it managed to create
the *.ini file :-( And in the documentation there is no note about how
to force the client to read alternative ini file. Is that a bug or
feature?

And last (but not least):

$ ./rc5v2

RC5 v2.000 client - a project of distributed.net
Copyright distributed.net 1997
Visit http://www.distributed.net/ for more information

Network::Error 3/0

What does this mean? (on PPro and rc5v2-linux-elf-p6 and yes, v1 works
just fine).