[rc5] More about the new clients.

Rene Kint itsux at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 27 16:25:57 EDT 1997

Skip Huffman wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Jun 97 22:12:42 -0500, Oscar Chang wrote:
>
> >  Nope, I'm planning it for the PM client thou. Right now it will keep
> >crunching until all the buffered keys are done and then flush.
>
> It would be nice if you could set it so that when a block is completed the system tries to send it, if it fails it stores it, then tries to refill its block storage, then runs the top block it has available.

NO, please NO!!!

I run a Dial on Demand system (a REAL one, where the dialer dials out if
a TCP/IP packet is sent out), and this scheme would AGAIN mean that my
system will dial out after EVERY block instead of the 50 blocks....!!!
My phonebill would go skyrocket again..

Regards,
Rene Kint
Amsterdam, NL.