[rc5] suggestion for command line support

Chris Welbon ctwelbon at email.unc.edu
Fri Jun 27 11:42:30 EDT 1997

On Fri, 27 Jun 1997, Rae McLellan wrote:

> Also, where has the stats page gone?  I read complaints on this list
> about misformatted stat results, but I can't find the query form on
> any of the webpages.  I always get:
>
> "Forbidden Error, You're probably looking for search.cgi, search.cgi
>  has been disabled until we can repair the stats files."
>
> What's the URL for stats?

That's it!  You found the URL, but as the message says, the form (or more
accurately its output) is disabled until they fix the stats result tables.

Love the new client, BTW.  My PPro 200 (Win95) is cranking along at
460Kkeys/sec, up from 295.  Getting a lot of "GetBufferError" messages
though.  I can't wait for the PPC client.  My 604e/180 outperformed the
PPro 200 with v1.  Whee!

Question:  Have I spaced out, or were the new clients going to be able to
be quit in the middle of a keyblock and pick up where they left off?  Or
is that just the GUI clients?

Chris Welbon

--
ctwelbon at email.unc.edu     cwelbon at nejm.org     ctwelbon at sunsite.unc.edu

                Installation is the reverse of disassembly.