[rc5] Platform Wars

bennett_t1 at popmail.firn.edu bennett_t1 at popmail.firn.edu
Fri Jun 27 12:22:04 EDT 1997

Fedor Kouranov wrote:

> On 06/26/97 Matt Lee <mato at tir.com> said:
>
> >Macs rule. PowerPC processors are better than Pentium processors.
> Motorola
> >kicks Intel's ass. Microsoft is evil. Apple is not dead (duh). We
> will not
> >be assimilated. You shall not prevail. Join mato at tir.com, the real
> Mac
> >team. http://avara.com/rc5
>
> Oh yeah.
>
> Mac = old crap.

Right on, Fedor.  Old crap with fanatical users who get frightened when
they see a command-line.

> Unix = usless crap.

Bullshit.  I have heard from everyone running Unix that it never
crashes, has better speeds, and has many uses.

> Windows = buggy crap.

Even though I use it, true.

> OS/2 rulezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to break you the bad news, but , for anything other than
business, and running Windows 3.1 software: OS/2 IS DEAD!!!!  IBM had to
buy Lotus just to have SOFTWARE for OS/2!  Although I heard it was
stable, but still, if it's so good, how come no one besides IBM is
making software for it?  Get a clue.  As doctor McCoy would say"It's
dead Jim."