[rc5] OFFICIAL: V2 Clients Are Now Available

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Fri Jun 27 12:18:26 EDT 1997

On Fri, 27 Jun 1997 01:07:42 -0700 (PDT), Oscar Chang wrote:

>On Fri, 27 Jun 1997, Colin L. Hildinger wrote:
>
>> Why don't all x86 clients have multiple versions?
>
>  486/P5 are both pipelined CPU's and in general, P5 optimized code will
>run great on a 486. There will be a penalty for those running on 386's,
>but honestly, who runs OS/2, Win95, or Win95 on a 386? Linux maybe... but
>only if your into pain. :) And if there is someone that does, the P5
>optimized code will run, but not as fast it could be.

That wasn't my question.  Why isn't there a separate PPro .exe for OS/2
for instance?

Colin L. Hildinger
| Games Editor - OS/2 e-Zine! |  The Ultimate OS/2 Gaming Page         |
| http://www.os2ezine.com/    |	http://www.ionet.net/~colin/games.html |
|	   The Official Unofficial AWE32 and OS/2 Warp Page	       |
| 		http://www.ionet.net/~colin/awe32.html		       |