[rc5] sudden drop in key rate?

root marcus at dfwmm.net
Fri Jun 27 13:38:42 EDT 1997

Howard Cheng wrote:

>   I just noticed that the key rate has dropped back down to less than
> 700Kkeys/sec.  Is this because of the v2 clients or the stats problem?
> The number of active hosts seems to be the same.

Remeber a host doesn't go off of the active list until 24h have
passed. I imagine that the combination of folks shutting down
the v1 clients and experimenting with the v2 stuff along with
the required server shutdowns for upgrading has produced this
dip. I did notice some very high keyrates being reported by
some of the servers, as if there had been a backlog.