[rc5] sudden drop in key rate?

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Fri Jun 27 18:03:38 EDT 1997

On Fri, 27 Jun 1997 12:38:42 -0500, root wrote:

>Howard Cheng wrote:
>>
>>   I just noticed that the key rate has dropped back down to less than
>> 700Kkeys/sec.  Is this because of the v2 clients or the stats problem?
>> The number of active hosts seems to be the same.
>>
>Remeber a host doesn't go off of the active list until 24h have
>passed. I imagine that the combination of folks shutting down
>the v1 clients and experimenting with the v2 stuff along with
>the required server shutdowns for upgrading has produced this
>dip. I did notice some very high keyrates being reported by
>some of the servers, as if there had been a backlog.

The main keyserver is having some load handling problems.  Apparently
supporting the v1 and v2 protocols simultaneously is stressing out the
poor P100, so if someone wants to find a K6 to donate (and maybe an
appropriate MB) please do.  If you run a hardware business on the net,
here's a good chance to advertise.

Colin L. Hildinger
| Games Editor - OS/2 e-Zine! |  The Ultimate OS/2 Gaming Page         |
| http://www.os2ezine.com/    |	http://www.ionet.net/~colin/games.html |
|	   The Official Unofficial AWE32 and OS/2 Warp Page	       |
| 		http://www.ionet.net/~colin/awe32.html		       |