[rc5] v2 personal proxy?

Tim Charron tcharron at interlog.com
Fri Jun 27 22:12:06 EDT 1997

> Hello,
> 	just curious if a v2 personal proxy will be coming
> along?  I have a large amount of machines that are on an
> isolated network that I managed to get opened to one host
> address only and one port only, my personal proxy's.  These
> are all NT stations that would benefit greatly from v2's
> speed increase but it seems that v2 clients can't talk
> to my v1 personal proxy.  Its a linux box being the proxy
> if that makes a difference.

If you're running Windows, then check out wingate.  You can set up a
tcp port mapping that will effectively 'bounce' connections off of
an NT machine.  If you're running linux, then you can do the same
thing with rinetd (although it seems to only do one lookup on
rc5proxy.distributed.net, so you may want to pick the server you feel
is the most stable).

Tim Charron
tcharron at interlog.com
tcharron at ctfinance.com