[rc5] v2 clients not reporting saved work?

Howard Cheng hcheng at cs.ualberta.ca
Fri Jun 27 21:57:07 EDT 1997

Stephen Reid wrote:

> regardless of what the log says, I saw it report a saved block after I had stopped it earlier today.

After letting the client run for a while, I found out that the report
operation does not necessarily occur immediately before the retrieve
operation.  Here is what happened:

- client resumed, worked on 1 saved, unreported block
- client asked for 5 blocks from server.
- after 4 of the new blocks are done, client reports 5 blocks.
- after the remaining block is done, client asked for 5 blocks again.

and it goes on like this.

So it seems that everything is well.  I just thought that it would
report back some results before getting another bunch.

Howard

Howard Cheng                     e-mail: hcheng at cs.ualberta.ca
University of Alberta                    hcheng at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
MSc Computing Science            URL   : http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~hcheng/