[rc5] v2 client fast but crappy

Mario Gaucher mario.gaucher at writeme.com
Sat Jun 28 19:13:51 EDT 1997

On Sat, 28 Jun 1997 13:40:09 -0500 (CDT), Robert A. Hayden wrote:

>I have it set up to get 50 keys so I can start it when I go to work or
>when I go to bed.  However, it doesn't send complete keys "on the fly"
>until all 50 are finished.  This sucks if you check 45 keys while online
>and then hang up, after that 5, the client is done until you reconnect.
>Also, when the 50 keys are done, it just sits there trying to connect, it
>could at least generate some random keys so it's not wasting idle CPU
>doing nothing.
>
>It's very nice to be faster and to be able to save keys mid-block and
>such, but this client is not very helpful for people without static or
>short-term regular connections.

One thing you can do before closing you connection :

rc5v2 -flush
rc5v2 -fetch

this will send all tested blocks, and fill the buffer..

- - - - -
 Washing Windows is better than running them.

Mario Gaucher  [Membre TeamOS/2]  |  Pour avoir ma clef PGP publique
Drummondville, Quebec, Canada     |  "Demande PGP Mario" dans le
http://www.drummond.com/os2/      |  sujet du message

 -- I don't support any Unsolicited Mass Email or USENET Posting.
 -- cyberpromo.com, answerme.com, savetrees.com, etc. are operated by
 -- Sanford Wallace of the Junk FAX bill fame.. his sites are a major
 -- source of email UMM either directly or via relay.
 -- TraceRoute shows his provider is AGIS.NET
 -- Use this sig if you want this "SPAM" stopped.